The Martz Group, a leader in motor coach transportation is currently accepting applications for the position of Class B CDL Trainer for our Motor Coach Operators at Martz Gold Line located in Hyattsville, MD. The Martz Group is family owned and operated, and has been in the motor coach industry for over a century. We are seeking high performing candidates who are looking to join a family run business; not just looking for another job.
The Trainer trains Motor Coach Operators on safe driving techniques, defensive driving techniques, vehicle pre-trip inspections, driver logs, routes, etc. The Trainer conducts in-class and in-coach training. The Trainer present training materials to new hires as well as driver recertification. The Trainer conducts remedial training to drivers as necessary. The Trainer researches, develops, prepares, and present DOT certified material.
Viable candidates must possess the following:
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research, develop, maintain driver education materials that meet DOT, state, and federal regulations
- Create, maintain, and update PowerPoint presentations for classroom instruction
- Create, maintain, and update course work materials for instruction including books, binders, handouts, videos, and exams
- Present classroom instruction to new hires/students
- Deliver in-coach training
- Prepare and maintain classroom for instruction
- Develop courses in the Learning Management System
- Perform driver remedial and recertification training
- Drive the motor coach in instructional and real road settings
- Perform school bus certifications as needed
- Serve as backup DOT company representative
- Serve as backup safety accident investigator; perform accident investigation as needed
- Drive motor coach for operations if needed based on business need
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma
- Minimum Class B CDL
- Passenger endorsement certification
- Airbrakes endorsement certification
- Current DOT Examiner Certification highly preferred; must obtain
- Job Experience:
- Must have at least 2 years of motor coach driving experience
- Additional Skills:
- Presentation skills
- Very effective communicator
- Public speaking
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office applications
We offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance and a 401k saving plan.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.