As a leader in the Motor Coach industry since 1908, Martz Gold Line prides its reputation on excellent customer service, top of the line fleet and it’s commitment to safety. The ideal candidate will be energetic, results-driven, self-starter with exceptional experience to ensure our buses are operating safely and efficiently. If you are a Top 5% performer and you are looking for a family environment to highlight your talents and grow your career, then come join the Martz Gold Line team. We are only looking for the Best of the Best, qualified, motivated, dependable AA Mechanics. Both day and night shifts are available, with the night shift AA Mechanic position qualifies for a $2,000 sign-on bonus!
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Diagnoses minor and frequently occurring mechanical problems.
- Proficient in advanced diagnostics and repair of HVAC, air brakes, body, electrical and engine diagnostics and repairs with minimal errors.
- Proficient in the use of maintenance software to complete all paperwork in a timely and thorough manner.
- Makes sounds decisions, prioritizes work flow, and pays attention to details with minimal supervision.
- Repairs and replaces damages vehicle body parts.
- Demonstrates safe and sensible work practices while maintaining a clean and organized work environment throughout the shop.
- Provides and maintains all necessary tools and uses all company-provided tools in a responsible manner.
- Consistently strives to learn new skills and solve problems.
- Advanced understanding of diesel engines, air brakes, HVAC, and electrical systems
- Able to diagnose system complaints following manufacturers recommended diagnostic practices for all systems
- Understands Ohms Law and is proficient with a multimeter
- Able to read and understand Wiring Diagrams
- Able to read and understand Diagnostic Flow Charts
- Possesses a complete understanding of HVAC system operation and is able to diagnose and service related components faults.
- Possesses a complete understanding of use and care of shop scan tool and electronic diagnostic equipment.
- Holds a refrigerant handling certificate for 134A
- Possesses the ability to mentor other technicians.
- Previous satisfactory experience performing the duties of a Mechanic A for (1) year
- Good communication skills
- Detail oriented with high regard to safety
- Highly motivated Class B CDL with passenger endorsement or ability to obtain one within six months of hire date
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED Equivalency
- 6+ years’ experience within a heavy equipment shop (trucks//bus/construction) with an emphasis on repairs, overhaul and preventative maintenance
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in written forms
- Experience with RTA or similar system a plus.
- Previous motor coach experience.
- Completion of a diesel technology program from a technical school.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.