The Martz Group, a leader in motor coach transportation is currently accepting applications for the position of night shift AA/Master Diesel Mechanic – Motor Coach, at Martz Gold Line located in Hyattsville, MD. The night shift AA Mechanic position qualifies for a $3,000 sign-on bonus. The Martz Group is family owned and operated, and has been in the motor coach industry for over a century. We are seeking high performing candidates who are looking to join a family run business; not just looking for another job.
The AA Mechanic is responsible to be the senior mechanic and perform all motor coach repairs at the highest level. The AA Mechanic is able to diagnose problems, repair air systems, has a complete understanding of HVAC systems, complete understanding of wiring and electronics, and able to repair and overhaul motor coaches. This is a great opportunity to join a great, growing company, and also receive a $3,000 sign-on bonus!
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Diagnoses minor and frequently occurring mechanical problems.
- Proficient in advanced diagnostics and repair of HVAC, air brakes, body, electrical and engine diagnostics and repairs with minimal errors.
- Proficient in the use of maintenance software to complete all paperwork in a timely and thorough manner.
- Makes sounds decisions, prioritizes work flow, and pays attention to details with minimal supervision.
- Repairs and replaces damages vehicle body parts.
- Demonstrates safe and sensible work practices while maintaining a clean and organized work environment throughout the shop.
- Provides and maintains all necessary tools and uses all company-provided tools in a responsible manner.
- Consistently strives to learn new skills and solve problems.
- Advanced understanding of diesel engines, air brakes, HVAC, and electrical systems
- Able to diagnose system complaints following manufacturers recommended diagnostic practices for all systems
- Understands Ohms Law and is proficient with a multimeter
- Able to read and understand Wiring Diagrams
- Able to read and understand Diagnostic Flow Charts
- Possesses a complete understanding of HVAC system operation and is able to diagnose and service related components faults.
- Possesses a complete understanding of use and care of shop scan tool and electronic diagnostic equipment.
- Holds a refrigerant handling certificate for 134A
- Possesses the ability to mentor other technicians.
- Previous satisfactory experience performing the duties of a Mechanic A for (1) year
- Good communication skills
- Detail oriented with high regard to safety
- Highly motivated Class B CDL with passenger endorsement or ability to obtain one within six months of hire date
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED Equivalency
- 6+ years’ experience within a heavy equipment shop (trucks//bus/construction) with an emphasis on repairs, overhaul and preventative maintenance
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in written forms
- Experience with RTA or similar system a plus.
- Previous motor coach experience.
- Completion of a diesel technology program from a technical school.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.